15 July 2022
The JAC’s annual report and accounts have been laid before Parliament and published today. The report contains a range of information about the work of the Commission from 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022.
Highlights from 2021 – 2022:
- Development of our Targeted Outreach Programme, including the launch of a new candidate guidance pack.
- Independent review of our approach to statutory consultation, within the existing statutory framework, to ensure best practice – this was conducted by Work Psychology Group and published with our response on 31 March 2022.
- We undertook a full evaluation of remote assessment, with independent external expert validation during the first half of the year, which concluded that the move from a face-to-face approach to a remote approach to assessment was very successfully achieved and with no adverse impact on quality, diversity, or the candidate experience.
- The JAC spent £7.74m (compared to £7.28m in 2020-21).
- We completed 31 exercises with 8,928 applications and made 1,244 recommendations.
- Recommendations included the selection of nine High Court Judges.
- We were also involved in various senior appointments in the judiciary, including the selection of Chief Chancery Master.